27th Forest of Marston Vale - 'X' Marks the Spot 10am, 12pm and 2pm -cancelled
27th Launch of Symbol Spot at Ampthill Great Park!!
22nd Sale on Website Shop until 2nd Septem
Greensand Country Festival walking guides
22nd at GeoBusiness with Get Kids into Survey
21st at ESRI UK
19th "Have a Go Harpur" Bedford Park
5th - John Innes Centre for Primary Science Conference
9th at 9.30am, 11.30am and 2pm - 'Symbol Spot' at Forest of Marston Vale - every 10 participants Alice plants a tree! £6 each and tickets here https://www.marstonvale.org/Event/symbol-spot-trail-9-april-2019
Finalise the Symbol Spot for the Greensand Festival ... More soon
Training for National Geographic Educator
30th Shelton Lower Easter fete
22nd Super "Cartography for STEAM" at Sacred Heart in Luton
20th PechaKucha talk in Cambridge!
Mini Map-Makers won BEST NEW BUSINESS 2019 !!
February 11-15th - Tour of the North - visiting a Cumbria Primary School
Campaign to help everyone plan, reflect about the week through colouring.
Taught to date - 799 (12/18)
attending the Made in Bedford Artisan fair! 2/12/18 - 10am-4pm Bedford Corn Exchange
New posters for Get Kids into Survey are out!
Mappy Christmas Cards are out! check out the shop! for Stocking fillers!!
It's nearly Christmas! We have some amazing stocking fillers for your Mini Map-Makers - check out the shop!
The website is being added to!
Taught this year (10/18 ): 579
Flying Start -STEAM day and Fun Palaces all well received!
Book Reviews, VLogs, Maps are all getting done and CHRISTMAS shop is coming together too..
'Cartography for STEAM' workshops Launch
29th September Family STEAM festival in Cambridge at the Spinney School, Cambridge ! ITS FREE!!!
So I have taught 1059 of you brilliant amazing inspiring children!
The 1000th child walked through the door on the 29th August! Leo aged 4 who loves maps and Dinosaurs!
I have nearly reached 700 (699 to date..) children taught..can I get to 1000 by the end of August?
Captain Alice has now taught 619 Pupils since August 2017..can she make it 1000 by the 16th August 2018?
Captain Alice is launching 'Symbol Spot-Bedford Town Centre' in July 2018..dates TBC
Dates are filling up for the last half of the term!- So contact me asap if you want me to visit your school/Club/Group.
Summer Half Term bought a whole host of activities for Mini Map-Makers! And a new total - 547 pupils taught!!
• "Mapping the Greensand" at the inaugural GreensandCountry Festival at Gamilingay EcoHub, Summerfields Mniature Railway in Haynes and at RushMere Park
• Launch of Symbol Spot at the Forest of Marston Vale • Launch of the updated resources in the shop! • Extended period of the whole of June 2018 Pre-Order for the Cartophiles ! May 2018 • WE REACHED 500 PUPILS TAUGHT!! Since August 2017 Captain Alice has taught over 500 pupils all about Maps around Bedford and Cambridge!
• 'The Cartophiles' Resources - they are a whole school resource all about maps and STEAM subjects - PreOrders until 30thJune 2018!
• 29th May 2018 Schools near Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire - Please have a look at a visit to the Forest of Marston Vale Country Park for a Symbol Snap Trail
• Symbol Snap cards - Pack 'A' launched! Go to the Buy Now section • More Adventures of Captain Alice are in production! There are going to be 4 in total! The Adventures of the Black Diamond to Volcanic Island is available at the Buy Now section • Captain Alice is a STEM Ambassador!! Please contact me if you'd like a visit for a school talk!
• GA Conference in Sheffield (5-7th April) - great attendance at Stand 20! Lots of chatting Cartography and discussing Maps in the Classroom!! Well done to the prize winners too! Forest of Marston Vale, Marston Moretaine will have a Walking guide by Mini Map-Makers called 'Symbol Spot' - park of their Explorers pack - Launching 29th May! Bookings for the John Bunyan Boat - 'Symbol Spot Cruise on the Ouse' are open - find out more on 03301 239511
Science Week 10th March 2018 - MMM was at the Higgins talking about Science and Maps! The Workshop items have been printed and are ready for the orders!
Workbooks have been shown to industry leaders and have had vital feedback. Amends and updates and edits are happening. Thank you for your feedback. if you would like to be in round 2 of Edits and appraisal - please email firstname.lastname@example.org