We are now a 98% PLASTIC FREE company!
A new workbook for children to learn about how Letters, Numbers, Colours and Shapes appear on maps.
Lots to do and see! A fun learning resource!
Ideal for school starters and those new to English
50 GB Schools were sent the Workbooks to review and here are some of the comments from the feedback..
High Quality 87%
Very Innovative 62%
75% Need it!
Above Average for Value for Money
62% would buy the product TODAY!
75% would recommend to a friend!
Over 2300 Pupils taught and over 800 adults participated!
In Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire!
Look out Northamptonshire and Leicestershire!
Give customers a reason to do business with you.
November 2018 sees Mini Map-Makers being 98% Plastic FREE in its resources and Workshops products!
The Plastic sheets the 'X' Marks the Spot stickers are on are 100% recyclable!
The plastic envelopes 'The Adventures of Captain Alice' resources come in are 100% recyclable too!
Just taken stock of the board boxes for Symbol Snap! They will be decorated and are available in the shop now!
Captain Alice posted on Phil Oakley's LinkedIn page - he's the HP Inc Regional Business Manager. He commented how HP had sold 'x amount of MFPs that would reach the height of Mount Everest!' Phil was inspired by our Values and Ethos!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Celebrating our 1st Year!!
April 2017 marked the launch of Mini Map-Makers, a Mapping Education Services company based in Bedford, UK, created by Alice Gadney, Cartographer and Director of Silver7 Mapping.
Helping teachers save time and worry about getting the correct resources on the subject of Cartography and Map Skills. Aimed at 3 -18 year olds: with an exciting unique series of Workbooks and Workshops and other mappy items for the classroom - Puzzles, Books have been sourced by Alice!
It is our aim for the children of the UK to have a good step up to being the best Future Cartographers in the World!
Win prizes for the Best Maps or Best Colouring in!
Cartography encompasses the STEM subjects and A (Art) - check out hte STEM and Art Section ..
'X' Marks the Spot Workshops are based in schools (External sites during Evenings and School Holidays) for 3-11 year olds (EYFS, KS1 and KS2). They are an exciting, fun, educational, inspirational, enjoyable and memorable way to introduce maps and map-making!
'Cartography for STEAM' Workshops - show off the diversity of subjects that Cartography reaches!
'Cartophiles for Primary' and 'Cartophiles for Secondary' is a whole school mapping box of resources for everyone to try out and gain more skills in Mapping.
Extra Map related games and stationary for the classroom or for a rainy day are also available.
Lots of exciting and interesting books and fun bespoke resources all about Maps to develop Map skills!
Happy December 2018
Taught to date - 799 (12/18)
attending the Made in Bedford Artisan fair! 2/12/18 - 10am-4pm Bedford Corn Exchange
New posters for Get Kids into Survey are out!
Mappy Christmas Cards are out! check out the shop! for Stocking fillers!!
It's nearly Christmas! We have some amazing stocking fillers for your Mini Map-Makers - check out the shop!
The website is being added to!
Taught this year (10/18 ): 579
Flying Start -STEAM day and Fun Palaces all well received!
Book Reviews, VLogs, Maps are all getting done and CHRISTMAS shop is coming together too..
'Cartography for STEAM' workshops Launch
29th September Family STEAM festival in Cambridge at the Spinney School, Cambridge ! ITS FREE!!!
So I have taught 1059 of you brilliant amazing inspiring children!
The 1000th child walked through the door on the 29th August! Leo aged 4 who loves maps and Dinosaurs!
I have nearly reached 700 (699 to date..) children taught..can I get to 1000 by the end of August?
Captain Alice has now taught 619 Pupils since August 2017..can she make it 1000 by the 16th August 2018?
Captain Alice is launching 'Symbol Spot-Bedford Town Centre' in July 2018..dates TBC
Dates are filling up for the last half of the term!- So contact me asap if you want me to visit your school/Club/Group.
Summer Half Term bought a whole host of activities for Mini Map-Makers! And a new total - 547 pupils taught!!
• "Mapping the Greensand" at the inaugural GreensandCountry Festival at Gamilingay EcoHub, Summerfields Mniature Railway in Haynes and at RushMere Park
• Launch of Symbol Spot at the Forest of Marston Vale • Launch of the updated resources in the shop! • Extended period of the whole of June 2018 Pre-Order for the Cartophiles ! May 2018 • WE REACHED 500 PUPILS TAUGHT!! Since August 2017 Captain Alice has taught over 500 pupils all about Maps around Bedford and Cambridge!
• 'The Cartophiles' Resources - they are a whole school resource all about maps and STEAM subjects - PreOrders until 30thJune 2018!
• 29th May 2018 Schools near Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire - Please have a look at a visit to the Forest of Marston Vale Country Park for a Symbol Snap Trail
• Symbol Snap cards - Pack 'A' launched! Go to the Buy Now section • More Adventures of Captain Alice are in production! There are going to be 4 in total! The Adventures of the Black Diamond to Volcanic Island is available at the Buy Now section • Captain Alice is a STEM Ambassador!! Please contact me if you'd like a visit for a school talk!
• GA Conference in Sheffield (5-7th April) - great attendance at Stand 20! Lots of chatting Cartography and discussing Maps in the Classroom!! Well done to the prize winners too! Forest of Marston Vale, Marston Moretaine will have a Walking guide by Mini Map-Makers called 'Symbol Spot' - park of their Explorers pack - Launching 29th May! Bookings for the John Bunyan Boat - 'Symbol Spot Cruise on the Ouse' are open - find out more on 03301 239511
Science Week 10th March 2018 - MMM was at the Higgins talking about Science and Maps! The Workshop items have been printed and are ready for the orders!
Workbooks have been shown to industry leaders and have had vital feedback. Amends and updates and edits are happening. Thank you for your feedback. if you would like to be in round 2 of Edits and appraisal - please email email@example.com